I saw this beautifully displayed mushroom stand at the grocery store this week and I couldn’t resist. Mushrooms are a delicious way to help your immune system and provide a healthy dose of antioxidants and B vitamins. Some mushrooms (such as shiitake mushrooms) also help boost your vitamin D. This recipe is super easy to make and, for an added bonus, an easy clean up!
- 3 cups Mushrooms (you can use whichever ones you like or mix them)
- 2 cups Coconut water
- 1 cup Walnuts (plus some for garnish optional)
- 1 large Celery stick
- 1/2 cup Onion
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Nutritional yeast (not raw but provides many health benefits & it’s so good!)
- 1 tablespoon Fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Herbamare
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- Chives (optional for garnish)
1. Clean mushrooms and chop all your ingredients.
2. Place everything into a high speed blender until smooth.
Place the mixture into a pot and very lightly warm soup if desired.