Zucchini pasta is an amazing way to get your body feeling fresh and energized! I was so excited when my vegetable spiralizer came in the mail and quickly went to work in creating a raw tomato sauce for my “pasta.” In order to keep the Italian tradition alive when making the raw sauce, I incorporated the same herbs that I use when making my cooked sauce. Those herbs help capture those traditional Italian flavors that I grew up with, while creating a healthier alternative. This recipe is very basic and delicious!
- 3 Zucchini (ends removed and peeled if not organic)
- 1/2 cup Sun-dried tomatoes (soak in a cup of filtered or spring water for 20-30 minutes)
- 3/4 – 1 cup Water from sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Onion (diced)
- 1/4 cup of garlic (about 4 garlic cloves)
- 1 Small carrot
- 1 Celery stick
- 4 Basil leaves (fresh)
- 1 tablespoon Oregano leaves (fresh)
- Pink Himalayan & black pepper to taste if desired
1. Place zucchini in vegetable spiralizer and go to work! Once done, place zucchini in a bowl and place into the refrigerator while you prepare the tomato sauce.
2. Place all sauce ingredients (expect water from sun-dried tomatoes) into food processor and process until texture is to your liking. You may have to open the food processor and scrap down the sides a few times. Add water as you go, the more water you add, the thinner your sauce will be.
When sauce is complete, place on top of zucchini and ENJOY! Xx