Don’t let the name fool you, buckwheat is not wheat, it is actually a seed and is gluten free! I like to soak the buckwheat groats over night so they are soft to eat in the morning. Buckwheat is starchy, so it’s important to make sure you rinse your buckwheat groats over and over again until they water is clear. Starch is a carbohydrate which gives your brain fuel and energy to keep active all day. To soak, simply place the groats in a bowl with water & cover to let them soak over night. In the morning, rinse again until the water is clear before using them in your food. This porridge is so yummy and filling you’ll stay fuller longer with no snacking in between your lunch. Add your favorites fruits and nuts to the make it your own!
Makes 2-3 servings.
- 1 cup Buckwheat groats (soaked overnight)
- 1/3 cup Chia seeds
- 3/4 cup Almond Milk
- 2 tablespoons Cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon Coconut nectar
- 1 Banana (slicked)
- Almonds (chopped)
- Berries of your choice (chopped)
- Place buckwheat groats, chia seeds, cacao powder and almond milk into a bowl & mix well until the porridge thickens.
- Add coconut nectar to mixture.
- Layer bananas & almonds to the bottom of bowl or glass.
- Place porridge on top.
- Add fruit.
- ENJOY! Xx