Nothing better than waking up right on the beach to a beautiful, sunny day! I didn’t want to miss the morning at the beach so I put together this quick breakfast to get me through the early hours of the day. I had to eat this berries breakfast mix pretty quickly – my niece and nephew wouldn’t stop putting their forks in it ???? Always happy to share though, I love seeing children enjoy healthy snacks!
The cashew cream is a great way to add a little natural sweetness to any fruit combination. Cashews have a lower fat content than most nuts and contain heart-healthy monounsaturated fats (“good fats”). Not only do they promote healthier bones and reduce the risk of heart disease, but they are also are high in copper, manganese and phosphorus! GO NUTS!
- 1/4 cup Raw cashews (soaked over night)
- 1/4 cup Filtered water
- 1 tablespoon Carob powder
- 4 Medjool dates
- Mixed berries of your choice
- 1 tbsp raw cacao nibs
- Drain and rinse cashews and place into a food processor. Blend for 20 seconds. Scrap down sides and blend again.
- Add water slowly into the food processor. The more water added, the thinner the cream with be.
- Add carob powder and dates.
- Place berries into a jar or bowl and pour the cacao cream on, then sprinkle raw cacao nibs on top
- ENJOY! Xx