To honor the first day of Fall here in the U.S., I wanted to make a classic, seasonal treat. What better than a scrumptious apple pie? And of course, any apple pie recipe isn’t complete without a scoop of ice cream on top! YUM! This dish is so much fun to make and really gets you in the autumn spirit! The dates really bring this dish together and medjool dates are one of my favorite snacks – they taste just like caramel! Whenever I get a sweet tooth, I always go right for the dates. They are an energy-dense fruit and a great source of polyphenols (antioxidants), dietary fiber, potassium and iron. Best of all, almost zero fat!
- 1 cup Mulberries
- 6 Medjool Dates (pitted)
- 3 Dried Figs
- 1/4 cup Shredded Coconut
- 1 Tbsp Almond Butter (raw)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Bean Powder
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse, almost to a fine texture but not mushy.
- Using a small pie tin (mine has a little plate at the bottom you can push up to get the pie out), add crust mixture and press into shape evenly.
- Place crust into the refrigerator while you prepare filling.
- 4 Medjool Dates (pitted)
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Apples (diced, peeled if desired)
- Place the dates in food processor and blend until gooey, add some water as you go. You may need to scrap down the sides.
- Add cinnamon.
- Place mixture into a bowl and roll in apples. Take the pie crust out of the refrigerator and fill with the apple pie mixture
- Enjoy right away or cover in saran wrap and place in the refrigerator.
Banana Ice Cream
- 2 Frozen Bananas
- Place frozen bananas in a food processor and blend until creamy. If bananas are really frozen, be patient – they sometimes end up rolling into a doughy ball, but they will get creamy! Enjoy! Xx