As you can probably tell, I love making variations of raw sushi rolls and I really take pride in this creation! I saved some for my husband when he came home from work and he couldn’t stop popping them in his mouth. He planned on bringing some into his office for his co-workers to try, but they never made it much further than our kitchen!
For those of you wondering what the orange fruit is, they are called persimmons. Persimmons are currently in-season, so don’t miss out on grabbing a bunch! I just discovered them a couple months ago and was immediately hooked. They honestly taste like a sweet candy and your taste buds will explode with flavor. I personally like peeled hachiya persimmons the best, they are very soft when ripe so the skin just peels away. Persimmons are of Asian origins but they are now grown in the United States as well (mostly in California). They are high in antioxidants, vitamins and phytonutrient and are a great fruit to help with weight loss. Persimmons are also a great source of fiber and help improve the digestive system and detoxify the body, protecting us from diseases (such as heart) and aging due to free radicals. Be sure not to eat these on an empty stomach or overindulge, their natural sweetness can overwhelm your body!
Yields 2 Rolls
- 2-3 Hachiya persimmons (sliced into strips, skins peeled)
- 2 Mangos (sliced into strips)
- 2 Bananas (sliced into strips)
- 1 pint Strawberries (cut in half)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp Cacao powder (not to be confused with COCOA)
- 1 Tbsp Raw coconut nectar
- A splash of non-alcoholic vanilla
*NOTE* When eating bananas, make sure they are ripe and spotty
- Place 8 bananas into a food processor and process until mixture becomes smooth and creamy.
- Line the dehydrator with ParaFlexx Ultra Sheets and spread banana mixture.
- Dehydrate on at 115° for about 5 hours or until wrap can peel out off sheets.
- Fill the bottom of the wrap with a long strip of fruit. Roll upwards from the bottom of the wrap (the edge that has filling on it) upward tightly, and seal the end with a bit of water if necessary.
Chocolate dipping sauce
- Place coconut oil in small glass jar and seal lid. Drop the jar into a bowl of warm water. This will melt the coconut oil.
- Mix all of the ingredients for the dipping sauce and ENJOY! Xx
*NOTE* Placing the rolls in the refrigerator for a few hours will soft up the wrap due to the natural juices of the fruit. I prefer to eat them that way