Whether you’re spending Valentine’s Day with the one you love or celebrating self-love, these healthy, delicious, and guilt-free treats that will leave your sweet-tooth satisfied! Heck, you can even eat the whole batch and feel amazing about it! Who needs a box of refined sugars, high fructose corn syrup, and saturated fats when you can devour these gooey finger foods? These treats are nut-free, practically fat-free (1.3grams per tart), and only have six ingredients. They are super easy to make too! The mulberries also give it the base a nice crispy crunch! For those of you not familiar with mulberries, they are excellent source of Vitamin C, dietary fiber, Iron, and protein and are known for their anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties. I really had a really hard time not eating these as I made them, So YUM!
Yields 12 Servings
- 1 lb Fresh Pitted Medjool Dates
- 1/2 lb Dried Turkish Figs
- 1 cup Raw Dried Mulberries
- Place mulberries into a food processor and blend until crushed, place aside in a large bowl
- Add in dates and figs into food processor and blend until a dough like texture occurs.
- Mix dough and mulberries together evenly.
- Place mixture into silicone cupcake holder and mold the dough then place into the freezer for a few hours until hard.
- 3 Cups Raspberries
- 1 Vanilla Bean
- 3 Tablespoons Chia Seeds
- Place raspberries and vanilla bean into a high speed blender and blend well. I used my Blendtec Twist Jar which is perfect for this!
- Add chia seeds and mix. Place mixture in a jar in the refrigerator and wait until the tart base is done.
- When the tart base is done, let it defrost, and fill with jam. ENJOY! Xx