One of my absolute favorite candies growing up were Almond Joys. . . maybe a weird candy for a kid to love but I guess coconuts had my heart from an early age ???? Feeling nostalgic one evening with a major sweet tooth, I came up with this super easy recipe that brought be back to my childhood! I had a few friends who sampled these delectable goodies and they were blown away that these are actually raw (as are all the recipes on my blog). It’s so fun watching people try my food and tasting what its really like to have a raw diet. I love putting a smile on peoples face! If you love coconut and chocolate, then this recipe is for you!
Yields 14 Servings
- 1-2 Young Coconuts
- 1 Cup Low-fat shredded coconut
- 28 Raw almonds (soaked for 2 hours or more)
- Scoop out coconut meat and set aside coconut water for chocolate sauce.
- In a high speed blender (I used my Blendtec twist jar) blend coconut meat until creamy and smooth.
- Add 1/2 cup of the coconut cream to 1 cup of the shredded coconut, mix well.
- Roll mixture into small rectangles, it should make 14 bars.
- Top with 2 almonds on each bar.
- 1 Cup Medjool dates (pitted)
- 3/4-1 Cup Coconut water
- 1/2-3/4 Cup Carob
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth and pour into a small bowl.
- Roll the coconut bar around into the chocolate sauce.
- Eat right away or place into freezer. Once they are frozen, take them out and let them defrost for 20 minutes and ENJOY! Xx