I bought a case of bananas last week and it was the perfect time to take out my dehydrator for a special treat! I use bananas most often in smoothies, so for this recipe I wanted to try something a little different. I love these crepes because you can have them for either breakfast or dessert (or both)! Don’t let their savory taste fool you, these are just as good in the morning as they are in the evening! The “chocotella” filling works perfectly with this dish and is a great recipe to keep in your back pocket if you ever need to add a little sweetness to a dish. My 4-year old nephew Joey was at the house and he was clamoring to try one! It makes me so happy to help children understand how delicious it is to eat healthy. You don’t need processed junk to satisfy your cravings, when you eat enough whole plant-based foods, you only crave the good stuff! At a certain point, thinking of processed foods will actually make your stomach feel sick. My mom, who is maybe the pickiest eater I know, said they were a perfect dessert for her sweet tooth after dinner. Total score! These are excellent for anyone who wants all the pleasure without the guilt or the stomach ache : ) I highly recommend pouring yourself a tall glass of almond milk (you can find my recipe here) to go along with them!
Yields 7-8 Servings
- 8 Bananas
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 2 Vanilla Beans (split down the middle and scrape the seeds)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Line the dehydrator with ParaFlexx Ultra Sheets and make round crepes like you would with pancakes, any size to your liking.
- Dehydrate on at 115° for about 5 hours or until wrap can peel out off sheets.
- 1/2 Cup Fresh pitted Medjool Dates (soak for a few hours if not fresh to plump up)
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Water
- 2 Tablespoons of Carob or Cacao, your choice (add more for a more chocolatey flavor)
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- 6 Bananas (Mashed)
- 2 Cups Strawberries
- Crush nuts of your choice (I used walnuts)
- Stuff crepes, roll, and ENJOY!! Xx If you would the crepes to soften and not be sticky, just leave them rolled in the refrigerator for an hour. The fruit filling gives them back some moisture
(Omit nuts for a fat free dish!)