Just looking at these collard green burrito wraps I made earlier this week are making me drool as I write this post, especially being on a juice cleanse! They are plenty filling and bursting with an assortment of whole foods, and the sauce is a great compliment. This dish is an excellent way to switch up your dinners instead of the usual salad or zucchini noodles. How can something so healthy taste so darn good is what your be asking yourself! Collards green tend to taste a little bitter on their own, but with all these heavenly veggies and sauce wrapped up in them, it makes it the perfect combination! This dark, leafy green is high in Vitamins A, C & K, making it an excellent source of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory nutrients. Try filling them with almost anything and they will taste great. The possibilities are endless, so play around with the ingredients!
Yields 5 Burritos
- 5 Collard Greens
- 1 Lime Juiced for soaking
- Soak collard greens in water (RO or spring water NOT tap) for about 10 minutes. You can add lime juice in the water if you’d like
- Dry the leaves off and de-stem the collard greens using a knife by thinly slicing down the central root. This makes it easier to wrap.
- 5-10 Leaves of Red Lettuce
- 5 Scallions (green part only)
- 4 Carrots (peeled and julienned)
- 2 Yellow Squash (julienned)
- 1 1/2 Cups Purple Cabbage (shredded)
- 1/2 Avocado (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 Cup Basil
- Portion out the above ingredients into 5 wraps.
- Fold over the top and bottom and then wrap up the sides tucking it tightly with every turn.
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Water
- 2 Tablespoons Raw Almond Butter
- 1 Date
- 1 Lime Juiced
- Thumb nail of Ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Garlic
- Place all ingredients in a blender and ENJOY! Xx