One of my husband’s favorite foods is pizza, and these mini pies were a great way to keep us both happy at dinner! I find it extremely important to always keep pushing yourself and propelling yourself forward into creativity, in life and in the kitchen! After great success whipping out my dehydrator a few weeks ago for my crepes, I had the urge to use it again for something a little different. I thought this was the perfect opportunity to make something special that both my husband and I could enjoy. It is always a wonderful feeling when I make a raw meal that we can share together and I think this one jumped to the top of his list.
Each mini pie tastes a little different depending on how thick each layer is sliced and how much sauce you decide to use, so I suggest mixing it up to see what you like best! You can also add any of your own toppings, from mushrooms to pineapples, to add a unique flavor to them. These epic pies are full of flavor, nutrients and a whole lot of love! This is definitely a satisfying meal to switch things up from the usual leafy green salads. The recipe makes plenty of pies, so it is perfect for a party appetizer or to share at a BBQ.
- 1 Large Eggplant (thinly sliced)
- 1/4-1/2 Medium Onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 Medium Zuchinnis (thinly sliced)
- 3 Large Heirloom Tomatoes (thinly sliced)
- Basil and Oregano for garnish
- 3/4 Cup Sundried Tomatoes (no oil or salt added) soaked in filtered water (save juice of water for later)
- 1 Medium Carrot (chopped)
- 1 Celery Stalk (chopped)
- 1 Small Shallot
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 TBSP Basil (freshly chopped)
- 1 TBSP Oregano (freshly chopped)
- Place all the sauce ingredients in a blender with 1/2-1 cup sun-dried tomato water and blend. If the sauce is too thick, add a little more water but be sure the sauce doesn’t become too watery.
- Layer the pizzas by placing the eggplant as the base, then add a small spoonful of the sauce evenly onto the eggplants. It is VERY important to not over do it with the sauce or the eggplant will get soggy. Next add on the onions, 2 zucchini slices, a slice of heirloom tomato and garnishes.
- Place pizzas in a dehydrator on 110 degrees 4 hours or until desired. The eggplants should be crisp. Enjoy! Xx