Hi all — I just wanted to quickly share this quick and easy recipe. I had some beautiful ripe bananas and whipped up this pudding in under ten minutes! It’s the perfect “dessert” or breakfast and loaded with high energy to get you ready for a full day. I love using carob in my recipes, it’s an amazing alternative to dairy chocolate and cacao. The carob tree grows legume pods, which are then ground up into powder. The pods contain polyphenols, which is a powerful antioxidant that helps protect your body from free radicals and harmful environmental toxins. Carob is also rich in calcium and phosphorus, which combat osteoporosis. It’s also great for weight loss and digestive health, and strengthens your immune system. MMMM so so good!
Yields 1 for a meal and 3 for dessert
- 6 Ripe Bananas
- 1/4 Cup Carob
- 1/2 Cup Dried Mulberries
- 5 Medjool Dates (pitted)
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Water
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Vanilla Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Maca Powder (optional superfood — will give it a more chocolate-malt flavor!)
- In a large bowl, mash bananas and stir in carob.
- Blend for 10 seconds mulberries into crumbles and set aside.
- Blend reminding ingredients. Add more coconut water is needed to blend.
- Mix date paste and carob bananas together.
- Top pudding with mulberries crumbs and berries of your choice! Enjoy! Xx
***NOTE: This recipe is intended to be made under 10 minutes. If you have extra time, I suggest chilling the pudding in the freezer before serving)