Fall is in full swing and I am enjoying this beautiful weather! I was feeling inspired by Halloween being just around the corner, and so decided to make these sweets treats to share with my in-laws and friends. They all fell head over heels for this sweet creamy blend with a perfect bite of crunch. The combination of coconuts, mangoes and persimmons comes together to make a SPOOKtacular treat! hehe! Who needs candy when you can have a sweet hachiya persimmon to quench that seasonal sweet tooth? One of my favorite things about fall is the abundance of persimmons. Permissions tend to be astringent if they’re not ripe, so it’s important to make sure their exterior is very soft and the skin peels right off the flesh. They have a beautiful smooth texture and are very low in fat, with about 70 calories. This is great news for raw foodies — perfect for a mono meal! Permissions are high in antioxidants, Vitamins A, B & C, and phytonutrients, and are a great fruit to help with weight loss. They are also a great source of fiber and help improve the digestive system and detoxify the body, and protect us from diseases (such as heart) and aging due to free radicals. I hope you all enjoy this recipe and have a great Halloween! ❤
Yields 1-3 Servings
- 6 Persimmons
- 28oz Mangos (frozen)
- Meat of 1 Young Coconut (I used my handy dandy Coco-Jack *click link* for this!)
- 1 1/2 Cups Raw Dried Mulberries
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- Shredded Coconut (optional)
- Peel or scrap persimmon flesh away from the skin and mash with fork.
- Quickly blend mulberries into a crumble, add spices, and toss.
- Blend mangos.
- Blend coconut meat
- Layer each ingredient to your liking, top with shredded coconut and ENJOY! Xx