Oh pumpkin and butternut squash, how I love thee! More common than not, I’ve found that having a raw food diet doesn’t mean you have to give up all your favorites foods. There is always a way to make everything you love as a cleaner and healthier version. Traditionally, raviolis are full of gluten, dairy and eggs, all of which can contribute to various health issues. Bringing your food back to its roots (pun intended!) with clean, simple ingredients not only improves your physical health, but also awakens your mind, body and spirit. Bring yourself back to your natural state! These rawviolis give you that creamy filling flavor to love and the jimaca gives it a nice crunch. I am very fortunate to have had two of my raw foodie friends come over and we were able to enjoy this meal together. Getting an honest option from them on recipes really helps and they loved them! They are super savory and gourmet, yet simple and fresh. I hope you all enjoy these as much as we did!!
Yields about 20 Rawviolis
- 3 Jicamas
- Chili powder
- 2 cups Pie Pumpkin (about 1/2 a pumpkin)
- 2 cup Butternut Squash (about 1/2 a butternut squash
- 4 Green Onions (white parts only)
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 TBSP Cinnamon
- 2 TBSP Tarragon (Chopped)
- 1 TBSP Sage (Chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Filtered Water
- 1/2 Cup Raisins soaked in 1/2 cup of filtered water (save water for blending)
- 10 Fresh Medjool Dates (Pitted)
- 10 Fresh Medjool Dates
- Thinly slice the jicama and use a cutter to make round circles.
- Blend the first 4 pasta filling ingredients in a high speed blender and place into a bowl.
- Fold in the last 3 pasta filling ingredient and add a small spoonful on the jicama slice. You can either leave it open faced or had another slice on top for a ravioli feel.
- Blend all the ingredients for the sauce and spread on the bottom of bowl or plate.
- Top each rawvioli with a dash a chili powder for the perfect touch and ENOY! Xx
*** I added the dash of chili powder after the pictures, it was AWESOME!! ***