Another holiday treat for all of you lovely souls to enjoy! What is Valentine’s Day without some chocolate covered cherries? This is an easy and sweet 4 ingredient recipe to satisfy your chocolate needs. Over the summer I bought over 20lbs of OG cherries that were on sale for $4.99 a pound, pitted and froze them. I thought they would be perfect to use for some Valentine’s Day treats. Feel free to use frozen cherries from the store if you don’t have access to fresh ones. These dark cherries are packed with antioxidants that help fight free radicals in the body that can lead to degenerative diseases and illnesses. They excellent for lowering blood pressure, fighting heart disease and helping with inflammatory condition. Without further adieu, here’s the recipe!
Yields 12-14 Servings
- 1 Cup Mulberries
- 1 Cup Packed Fresh Pitted Dates
- 1/3 Cup Carob
- 12-14 Frozen Cherries
- In a food processor, blend mulberries and carob together to form a crumble.
- Add dates and process until mixed well.
- Take about quarter size of the mixture and wrap around cherry very thinly until a perfect round ball is completely. The cherry is the star in this dessert so you don’t want to use too much of the mixture.
- Wait until cherry is unfrozen before serving and ENJOY! Xx
These little mini hearts are my strawberry shortcakes, you can find the recipe on my previous post ????