Hello everyone! Please forgive me for the lack of recipes posted. I have been experiencing an ascension into a higher awareness and shifting towards an inner focus on spirituality and aligning with positive vibrations. I’m working to clear all the lower frequencies to accommodate the higher frequency by letting go of things which do not fit into the evolving vibrational patterns of the next level of my consciousness. With that being said… Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and I am so excited to share with all of you these seductively delicious strawberry shortcakes. I was in Whole Foods and saw a magazine featuring personalized strawberry shortcakes and I was inspired (once again) to make it into a raw vegan dessert. Even if you don’t eat what you see, it can still inspire you to create your own, better, and healthier version! With simple ingredients packed with everything you look for in a dessert, these are amazing! I don’t normally use or eat nuts but my husband like his dessert to have them and as it’s for Valentine’s Day I must give my sweetie what he wants ???? If you want to keep your fat at 80/10/10, just eat 2 strawberry shortcakes for your total fat of the day or you can substitute the nuts for more mulberries. The cashews really give it that shortcake flavor though. It is completely okay to indulge once and a while. If you start restricting to the extreme, lots of emotional and negative thinking can creep into your life. This lifestyle is about love and acceptance and if you want to eat nuts on a special day or two you should NEVER feel guilty.
Yields 8 Strawberry Shortcakes
- 2 Cups Dried Mulberries
- 1 Cup Cashews (soaked for over 2 hours or more)
- 1 Cup Fresh Pitted Dates
- The Meat of 2 Young Coconuts
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Bean
- 1/2lb Strawberries (sliced)
- In a food processor, blend cashews and mulberries together until a crumble like texture.
- Add dates until a doughy ball forms.
- Roll out dough between parchment paper or saran-wrap with a rolling pin.
- With a 1 1/2 inch heart shaped cookie cutter (you don’t need to use a cookie cutter if you don’t want), make 16 cookie crust and place onto paper or wrap so it doesn’t stick it the plate and place into the freezer. After you make the cutouts, you can re-roll the dough, flatten out and make more crust with the leftovers.
- As your crust is freezing, blend the meat of 2 coconuts for the filling and place into a bowl.
- Fold in the vanilla bean.
- After about 10 minutes or so, get the crust out of the freezer and layer on some strawberries.
- Put the filling in a piping bag or use a ziplock (cut the end) and top the strawberries.
- Place the other crust on top. You can eat these right away or put them in the freezer to eat later (let them defrost for at least 30 minutes or until the strawberries are soft). Make sure these are always on some kind of parchment paper so they don’t stick to the plate! Enjoy!Xx
These round balls are my chocolate mulberry crispy covered cherries and the recipe will be up on the blog tomorrow ❤ ????