Hello beloved ones! May you all be having an amazing day filled with love, laughter and high vibrations. The past 3-4 months have been filled with lots of adventure, fun, love and excitement on my end. I’ve been busy traveling but also have had many new wonderful shifts in my life as I embrace the flow of the Universe in my journey. It is important to allow yourself the time to see your path and gain clarity of your mission, being receptive to the guidance you are being given.
Yesterday, I made these pink-flared sushi rolls using zucchini for the rice and filling them with strawberries, mangos, cucumber and basil. A simple avocado lime dipping sauce for the side is absolutely divine!! I love the simplicity and freshness of raw foods – you do not need to use a million ingredients for something to taste good. You just need to use your taste buds and figure out what tastes good together! Also, it’s beneficial to use less ingredients in general because it is better for digestion, absorption and assimilation of nutrients. Your body wants to work as efficiently as possible, so try giving it a break once in a while!. (One of the reasons I love mono meals!) Anyway, here is the recipe for the rolls, hope you enjoy !
Yield 6 Rolls
- 1/2 Large Avocado
- 1/2 Lime
- 3 Large Zucchinis (or 4 small ones)
- 1 Beet
- 6 Nori sheets (I used Maine Coast Sea Vegetables Nori sheet and Emerald Cove Pacific Sushi Nori sheets, BOTH certified organic and not chewy like some nori sheets.)
- 1 lb Strawberries (sliced in half)
- 1-2 Mangos (depending on the size) thickly sliced in a long rectangle
- 1 Cucumber (thickly sliced in a long rectangle)
- About 10 Basil leaves (sliced in half)
- Blend all the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- For the rice, run the zucchini through a food processor using the shredder blade, pour into a bowl.
- Juice or blend the beet and mix with the rice to make it pink.
- For the sushi, place a nori sheet on a sushi mat or flexible cutting board if you don’t have a sushi one. You can also try using parchment paper, I’ve done it before, it works
- Take rice and gentle flatten down on nori sheet. Make sure the 3/4th of the sheet is thinly covered.
- Fill the bottom of the spread with cucumber, mango, then basil and strawberries on top.
- Roll upwards from the bottom of the sheet (the edge that has filling on it) upward tightly, and seal the end with a bit of water if necessary.
- Repeat, using the remaining sheet. Cut all rolls into even bite size pieces and ENJOY!! Xx