If you were like me, cereal was a staple in the morning. My house was stocked with at least 8-12 boxes of cereal, I kid you not. We had it all. Most cereals, even organic ones, contain some type of oil such as sunflower, safflower, canola, rapeseed, as well as added sugars, syrups and salt. It’s the 3 key ingredients that add flavor to keep you hooked. Especially if you’re eating main stream cereals, its a chemical warfare of GMOs and additives! Most cereals also contain gluten, unless it specifically says gluten-free on the box.
But who really needs any of that when you can eat nourishing and vibrant food like this beautiful fruit breakfast bowl? It has a taste of sweet, sour, crunch and a bit of savory, I bet this will become a favorite for breakfast several times a week. It’s a great way to start your day with a “burst”of energy for your mind and metabolism.
- 6 Ripe Bananas
- 1 Mango (chopped)
- 2 Kiwis (chopped)
- 1 Cup Raspberries
- 4-5 Strawberries (diced)
- A Handful of Dried Mulberries
- 1/2 Tablespoon Pumpkin Seeds
- Slice 5 of the bananas and place into the dehydrator for about 3 hours (you can do this the day or night before).
- Once the bananas are done dehydrating, slice the remaining banana into quarters.
- Add all of the ingredients in a bowl together, now it’s time to make the mlyk!
- 3 Banana (1 frozen)
- 3/4-1 Cup filtered water
- Blend all ingredients together, pour on top the cereal and ENOY! Xx