Namaste everyone! Wow, I can’t even begin to explain how delectable these tarts are! Needless to say they did not last long in our household — they were all eaten within 2 days! *facepalm* They are sweet, gooey and satisfy your dessert cravings in a heartbeat. They are also so easy to make and like always, simple ingredients.
I was inspired to make these by a family friend who has celiac disease and was asking me some questions about my “diet.” I really LOVE going to events and parties and interacting with people who aren’t familiar with eating raw or vegan for that matter and are curious about how to live a healthier, more compassionate life. Being able to connect with others and show them how they can thrive, be full energy, light and love is so fulling to me. My friend told me she eats dates every night as a dessert and I was telling her how dates are an amazing staple in raw desserts. They are extremely versatile and go well with an endless amount of fruits, so I asked her what she likes best and her answer was berries. Thus, this recipe was created!
Serves 9-10 Small Tarts or 4-5 Medium Tarts
- 3/4 Cup Dried Mulberries
- 3/4 Cup Dried Turkish Figs (about 12)
- 3/4 Cup Medjool Dates (pitted)
- 3/4 Cup Raw Sprouted Pecans
- 3 Tablespoons Low-fat Shredded Coconut
- Add all ingredients into a food processor and blend until a dough like mixture is achieved.
- In a tart dish (or you can use silicone cupcake holders or pan for molding) evenly press down and all around the sides. Dipping your fingers in water is very helpful if sticky.
- Place into freezer.
- 1/2 Cup Strawberries
- 3/4 cup Medjool Dates (pitted)
- 1/4 Cup Blackberries
- 1/2 Cup Blueberries
- 1/2 Pint (6 oz) Raspberries
- Add all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smoothie.
- Using a spoon, pour mixture in tarts.
Coconut Cream Topping
- Meat of 2 Young Thai Coconuts
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Vanilla Bean Powder
- Blend the coconut meat in a high-speed blender until smooth and creamy, pour into a bowl.
- Mix in vanilla bean powder.
- Use a spoon or a pastry piping bag to top off the tarts.
You can enjoy these tarts right way or leave them in the freezer until ready to eat. Allow 20-25 minutes to thaw out and ENJOY! Xx