This is one perfect salsa that is sure to please everyone this summer! My friend Jess came down to visiting me this weekend which was some much needed girl time! We had an amazing time going to Poplar Spring Animal Sanctuary along with other fun activities like walking around the National Mall at night and going the Dupont Circle Farmers Market in DC which is where most of this beautiful produce is from. It has been extremely hot here in DC-area and this meal helped cool us down quick, filled our bellies up and left our taste buds very satisfied. Jess made a comment saying how she felt full but not weighted down how some vegan cooked foods can make you feel. That’s one the of many things I love about raw foods, they never make you feel bogged down. I love creating new recipes and sharing them with others, it’s fun, exciting and really enjoyable for me. When you develop a deeply connection with your food, it takes your meals to a whole new level of love, appreciation and gratitude. This dish will leave you feeling light, full and with energy to continue your day feeling fabulous
- 5 Ears of Sweet White Corn
- 2 Cups Heirloom Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 Cup mixed colored Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Shallots (very thinly sliced)
- 1/2 Cup Sweet Paprika Peppers (diced)
- 1 head of Cilantro (minced)
- The juice of 1-1.5 Limes
- 1 Jalapeño Pepper (minced)
- 1 Avocado (diced)
- 1 Head of Dinosaur Kale
*** Note: My husband said there was too much cilantro but Jess and I both loved the amount so if you aren’t a cilantro fan you may want to use less. Cilantro is great for cleansing the body BTW
- Shuck the corn then lay it flat on a cutting board.
- Using a sharp knife, cut down the side of the cob to remove the kernels, rotate and repeat until all the kernels are off.
- Add the corn along with the remaining ingredients but the avocado and kale into a large bowl and mix well.
- Add the avocado and lightly mix.
- Using a spoon, add the salsa into the kale to make your boats or you can always enjoy the salsa as is. Bon Appétit!! Xx