A couple months ago I went to this amazing raw vegan restaurant in the city of DC called Elizabeth’s Gone Raw. If you ever wind up in the area, it is a MUST. They are only open on Fridays and have a set menu with 7 elegant courses. It was really special and the flavor combinations are mind-blowing! Anyway, one of there dishes was a cantaloupe soup that inspired me to create this recipe. I love the flavors and all the different textures really makes it fun and enjoyable to eat. It’s definitely a winner
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Apple
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Cantaloupe
- 1 Celery Stalk (optional)
- 1 Handful of Kale Micro Sprouts
- Shred the carrots and place into a bowl.
- Using a veggie peeler, peel the cucumber into ribbons and roll each strip. Next, chop the rest of the cucumber and place into the bowl.
- Using a spiralizer, spiralize the apple and place into the bowl. You can also shred the apple if you don’t have a spiralizer.
- Juice the cantaloupe and if you want to give the soup a salty flavor, juice 1 stalk of celery. Pour the juice through a strainer and add to the bowl as broth.
- Top with a handful of kale micro sprouts and ENJOY!! Xx