This is probably one of the quickest, easiest and oh so satisfying bowls of goodness you can make. It’s packed with delicious greens, fermented food and avocado (my favorite!) but the main star in this dish are the sweet potatoes. Super YUMMY!! Sweet potatoes are extremely accessible to pretty much everyone and are easy to fit in your budget. If you are transitioning to the plant based diet, adding them into your life is definitely a must. They come in many varieties, each have their own texture and flavor so if you aren’t a fan of one variety, you might like another one!
According to MedicalMedium.com, “Sweet Potatoes are an incredibly nutritious food that are packed with antioxidants like beta carotene, vitamins C, E & D, and minerals such as manganese and iron. They are also high in potassium which helps to lower blood pressure by removing excess sodium and regulating fluid balance in the body. Sweet potatoes are an excellent anti-stress food and are known to help relax muscles, steady nerves, and balance cognitive function.
They are also one of the best anti-cancer foods and can particularly help to prevent breast, colon, lung, skin, and oral cancers. Sweet potatoes are known for being easy to digest and are very good for ulcers, inflamed colons, digestive disorders, and constipation. Sweet potatoes contain compounds called phytochelotesatins that can bind to heavy metals such as lead, mercury, copper, & cadmium and safely remove them through the body.”
- 2 Tablespoons Raw Tahini
- 2 Tablespoons Filtered Water
- 1 Tablespoon of Fresh Lemon Juice
- Blend all ingredients together and set aside.
- 2 Sweet Potatoes (peeled and sliced… I used a purple & garnet one)
- 2 Large Handfuls of Spinach
- 1 Head of Kale (chopped)
- 1 Avocado
- 1/4 Cup Fermented Kraut. I used Glow Kraut by Hex Ferments which is a local company in my area. https://www.hexferments.com/products/glow-kraut
- Boil filtered water and steam sliced sweet potatoes with lid on for 10-15 if using a bamboo steamer. If using a stainless steel steamer, sweet potatoes can be done within 7-10 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, wash and prep the kale. When the sweet potatoes have two minutes left, add the kale.
- To make your bowls – Mash the sweet potatoes, add in the kale, spinach, fermented kraut and avocado. You can either mash the avocado and mix it with the sweet potato mash, slice or dice it.
- Drizzle tahini dressing on top and ENJOY!! Xx
Share this Post